21 December, 2009

rannar

Today after two days of being stuck inside the house, we had outsiders come and visit us.  It was the most exciting day.  Neda, Mina, and Rosa, came out of their huts for an afternoon at the burrow.  We did what we do best...nothing.  But we do "nothing" in style.  And from that style came the most amazing photo shoot.  I dont remember where the idea of dressing up like old-time Iranian women came up, but I'm glad it did, because it was oh-so-much fun.  And I'm also glad that I have some of the prettiest friends a gal could ask for, because it makes it all the more fun to take pictures of them :) Enjoy














so i was thinking about these gals and what they mean to me, and i feel like, i feel like, when i'm with them, I feel as comfortable as when I was abroad and the comfort and the love i felt with my friends overseas.  its just so easy to say and be and laugh with these girls.  and i really dont think that anyone from the outside could keep up with us.  seriously, today i stepped back for a second and i was listening to the conversation, and a passerby would not understand what the hell we were talking about half the time.  i mean, rosa literally has to say one word and salma and i burst out in laughter.
it's actually pretty funny at night, because salma is in her room on the computer, and i'm in my room on the computer, and its so obvious when we're talking to rosa because all of a sudden I'll hear a roar of laughter coming from sim's room.  and then rosa will say something and i'll burst out.  tonight it was like a symphony and the conductor kept pointing at salma for laughter on cue and then me, salma, ranna, salma ranna.
sooo, while it was a dreary cold and pretty boring start to the winter holidays, today made up for our ennuie (its a word in english, ennuie?  i dont know).  i hope you enjoy the pictures, i know i do.  i've looked through them all about 2847 times.  and with my new camera i'm taking pictures about a mile a minute.  just today alone i uploaded about 400.  i love my camera.  i cant wait to have my photo sessions with my friends and family as the break progresses.  the only thing thats really missing actually is...well three things..people really...top people really...marion, yasna and thom.  i wish they were here all the time.  i wish that tomorrow i could go over to marions house and take pictures of her smoking until she shot me the look of death and i feared to continue.  but alas, i can't. so i'll just have to make up for it, and busy myself by other means.
if anyone wants their picture taken...you have my card.  call me.

5 comments:

  1. top people, really. it's just so refreshing that you're back on this blog. miss you sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you did that thing that salma always does in emails,which is that she starts off typing with capitalizing the I's and the beginning of sentences and then quickly stops for no apparent reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahahhahaahahhah like sister like sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. world music.....slash rap

    ReplyDelete