10 December, 2009

coffee coffee coffee

Writing papers and studying for exams is quite the humbling experience.  It really requires me to accept how LITTLE I actually understand.  So...  that's always good....  you know, makes me feel better about myself, for sure.  Fo sho.

The problem with sitting at Starbucks on campus is that it's so far away from everything else.  OK, so not far away, per se, but far enough, that when I get hungry, I can't just leave my stuff here and go get food.  I actually have to pack everything up, and risk not finding a seat when I get back.  So I'll just suffer through my hunger, I guess.

No one really studies at Mason until a week prior to finals week.  All of a sudden, the campus is packed with people sitting over their books.  But even then, I don't think people are actually studying because they're always surrounded by a lot of people, laughing, talking, eating.
So for instance, there's this girl, who has been sitting next to me at Starbucks since like noon, and she's had this blank Microsoft Word document open since then.  Only, I don't think she's actually written anything.  She's had five different male visitors, she's spilled her heart out about why "so and so" really hurt her feelings.  She's done the whole Gmail-Facebook-Hotmail-Itunes dance multiple times (and I admit, today I have been victim to this dance, as well).  Darzem, every 30 minutes, she puts on her coat, gloves and hat, walks outside, smokes a cigarette, and talks to people.  Each time she sits down, she gives me a little smile, as though apologizing for her lack of work accomplished today.  Baba, be man che.  I don't care.  I've been listening to her talk all day and now I'm writing a blog.  I'm not much better.

Whatever, I finished (another) paper and a take home exam today.  So I still feel accomplished.  Thats not to say I don't have more work to get done.  I'll be working all weekend.  Until next thursday, I will be a slave to the education system.  And then I'll be free.  At least for a month.  Then it's back to Mason, back to slacking off until the first week of May.

Oh life.

No comments:

Post a Comment