25 December, 2009

duck duck goose

Merry Christmas, everyone.  I hope you the very best in the world, and only the best.

Last night the usually clan came over for Christmas dinner and opening of presents.  Nazy and co, Marc and Sushmita, and Mamman.  My mom made a great dinner of chicken stuffed with goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, and basil with a side of potatoes.  But if you were craving Iranian food, we also had khoresht fesenjoon and rice...just in case.

The dinner was just like any other dinner, Monsieur Rene made strange jokes, my mom laughed at the comments she made, Nazy teased us all...you know, the usseee.

After dinner we ate dessert, a very nice rollet that Salma made herself!  And then we opened presents.  I got some very nice things.  I was pleased.
Parsa got a bunch of Xbox games from my mom, even though we specifically had a conversation the other night about how he has Playstation 3 and NOT Xbox...so he had to return most of his presents.
Aria got clothing and a Scrabble board.
Marc got some clothes and games for Playstation 2...even though he has Playstation 3.
Sushmita got an electrical blanket, cus shes always cold, a set of...pots?  Yeah, something like that, and some other things.
SALMA...salma salma salma.  Salma has been asking my parents for WEEKS now about her presents. And my parents said from the beginning, "a karaoke machine."  But we never believed them.  I mean, whattt.  So random, why would they get a karaoke machine.  But still, they kept saying they got it for her...I think since they knew we wouldn't believe them.
But believe it or not, Salma got a karaoke machine for Christmas.  So random, I know.

So ok, I went upstairs for like 4 minutes, and when  I came downstairs the entire group was in the living room, singing "Like a Virgin."  Of all songs they could sing, "Like a Virgin??" I have it all recorded, and if I ever figure out how to post videos on this blog, I surely will let you see them.  We were all in front of the television singing karaoke for like two hours.  If this isn't a bonding activity, then I really dont know what is.  
Then my mom decided that we had to watch all of her favorite dances from the "So You Think You Can  Dance"  episodes she has recorded on the DVR.  We did that for a while.

All in all, it was a good night.   A great Christmas eve.  Now, we're all going to go see, "Nine."  Salma has been obsessing over this movie for about two months.  The day has finally arrived.  I really hope she's not disappointed.  Because when Salma is upset, we're all upset.

Happy Christmas, Harry.

Happy Christmas, Ron.

2 comments:

  1. yasna likes this post. thumbs up!


    HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO random. is this the surprise monsieur rene was talking about, that he told me not to tell you guys? except that i guess he told you guys, so maybe not haha

    ReplyDelete