03 February, 2010

f-ing dominique*

A recent conversation between me and my laptop:  

Computer, what is your problem?  Why are you dying?  


Because you have treated me badly.


I've treated you badly??? What have I EVER done to you?  


You really want me to tell you?


Apart from spilling olive oil and lemon juice on you ONCE you've been cared for.** 


Ranna, you've lugged me around to school every year for the last four years.  You throw me around, I've traveled from country to country, been slammed around.  You've overloaded me with documents, pictures and unnecessary programs.  I can't take it anymore.  I'm old.  I'm ready to retire.  


But...But...with all your imperfections I STILL LOVE YOU!  


I love you too.  But I'm done.  I'm spent.  I'm through.  


Computer, don't leave meeeeeeeeeeee.  Computer, where you goingggggggggg???  


Crash.  


It's gone.  It's really gone.  Come on.  Come back!!!  I NEED YOU!  I NEED YOU!!  COMPUTTERRRRRRRRRRRR.  


Silence.  




*Dominique is a girl that Yasna knows in Florence.  I don't know Dominique.  Bichareh might be a nice person, but my two most commonly used expressions these days are, "Oh Dominique," or "F-ing Dominique."  Don't ask me why but every time something happens, out of exasperation, it's the first thing that slips out of my mouth.  


**If you read my other blog, "Les Reveries d'une Flaneuse," I have a post under October 2008 or something describing the situation with the salad dressing and the CLA VI ER (keyboard) 













4 comments: