28 January, 2011

Packing Shmacking




You know what's annoying?  Packing.  Packing's annoying.  I don't enjoy packing--trying to fit the things I *need* into suitcases--making sure that the weight is under 51 pounds (that's not as easy as it may sound...although, when I write it out, it sure seems like a lot)--asking myself incessantly "do you want this, Ranna, or do you need this?"--convincing myself that that shirt that I always promise to wear, is not going to be worn, and then putting it back into my closet.
So, I start to pack, and then I end up just...not.  Finally just now, I think I finalized that I was for sure going to take, and so I'm about to start fitting everything into my suitcases (2).
OH, here's another thing.  Did you know that airlines charge for the second luggage now?  YEAH.  Yeah. How annoying is that?  50 dollars for a second luggage for international flights.  Monsieur Rene tells me they charge for the first luggage if it's domestic.  Um, excuse me, but why?  Well I mean, I know why if I think about it, but c'mon, that's so annoying!
Whatever, stop complaining, right?  Right.

You know what's funny?  The clothes that are left in my closet.  Those things that I didn't even bother to consider taking with myself.  And now I'm sitting here looking at the UGLY pink faux-cashmere sweater I bought at "New York and Company" five years ago (yeah...that just got more and more random as I kept explaining) and wondering why I don't give that sweater away.  You want it?

You know what this is?  This is me procrastinating.  This is me thinking about things that don't really matter, so I don't have to think about the two open suitcases in front of me.  Why don't I just do it?  I'm reading this book that says instead of not doing something, just do it.  Which, when I write it out like this, seems so easy, right?  But I find myself pushing things off until the very last second.  I don't know why I do it to myself, but I am the queen procrastinator.

I think I just gave myself the incentive I needed to start packing.  I just thought, "if I know it, then why don't I just try to fight it?"  And so now I'm going to fight it.  Ok.  Get ready.  Get set.  GO.



No comments:

Post a Comment