14 January, 2011

the next minute some secretary’s running you over with a lawn mower

I was having an email conversation with my friend Michelle Spinei about this blogger  (click the link to go to her blog) today.  Her name is Tavi Gevinson and she's 13 years old.  HOWEVER, she's super uber dooper famous within the fashion community as being one of the leading fashion bloggers of our time.  She started her blog when she was 10 (I think) and since then has become this gigantic sensation.  Not only does she relay her thoughts about what is going on in the world of fashion, BUT she acts as muse to a plethora of fashion designers all over.  
I've been looking at her blog recently (last two days, but I came across it here and there before) and at first, apart from the fact that she's a 13 year old famous fashion blogger, I couldn't understand what made her so sensational.  But then I realized that what she does is pretty cool.  I mean, going through her blog up to like...September, I noticed that she puts up her inspirations, and from there comes up with her own style.  That's sort of cool, right?  Like, right now, she's inspired by Valley of the Dolls meets Drew Barrymore from Never Been Kissed.  And she puts together mood boards with pictures and knick knacks she finds in thrift stores to really bring her style together. 
While her style is strange (even for my standards) I think it's genius what she has managed to do and how she has managed to do it at such a young age.  
Michelle said that it takes dedication.  Tavi blogs every single day about different things.  If I want to be a world wide sensation, I have to do that too.  Although, looking back on my blogs, I remembered that it was exactly last year this time when I decided that my new years resolution was to become a famous blogger....oops.  Resolution, fail!  I should try to get that title in 2011.  

For now, here are some images that are inspiring me for my next photo shoot.  I just haven't chosen a model.  





























Stay tuned for the actual photoshoot.  Although, I'm putting in a lot of thought for this one, so it might take a bit for it to get realized.  I'm shooting high :) 


2 comments:

  1. I love big hair and winged eyeliner....can I be your model? That is if you don't mind waiting to do the photoshoot until this summer?

    ReplyDelete