26 April, 2010

Spango Bango

So I'm at my grandparent's house right now and I'm lying down on the couch for a quick "chort," or nap.  My head is pounding, which I'm blaming on the weather today: rainy.  Something to do with the air pressure levels or something, I always get headaches when it rains.  So I'm here, and my grandparents, dad, and uncle are in the kitchen.  My uncle just got his US citizenship and he's talking to them about the sort of questions that they asked him during his interview.  All sorts of things ranging from what the capital of Virginia is, to the definition of amendment.  While he got them all right, he says he was nervous that they were going to ask him what the US national anthem is, and he was like, "man che bedoonam...?"  (what do I know?)
My dad replies, "Star Spangled Banner."
And my grandmother, not hearing, or not listening, who knows, says, "Spango Bango?"
"Areh Mamman, Spango Bango..."

Hahahahaha.  How they keep me entertained.

2 comments:

  1. This is so funny. I was at my parents house on Saturday, and your uncle was there. We had a very similar conversation with him and my parents and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, my middle sister, my mother and I all get pressure headaches. It's so annoying, and it gets more consistent the older I get.

    O say does that spango bango still wave?

    ReplyDelete