15 March, 2010

SHINGLES

It's sad because I feel like the only time I update this blog these days is to complain about something.  I don't want it to become one of those boring venting emo blogs, but oh my god, you guys, something so funny is happening....well, funny in a really not funny sort of way.  Idk, you guys can be the judge of its hilarity.

Sooooooooooooo, last week right when my pelvis started to not hurt anymore, my back started to really hurt, like, really badly.  It was the lower back and I just thought it was because I've been working out and lifting weights and building muscles and using muscles that I haven't used for a while, so I wasnt really worried.  Only, I was in A LOT of pain.  At night, I would sit on my bed, ice my back, and fill up on Advil.  One night I even took a muscle relaxer, but nothing was helping.  It was weird too because it only really hurt when I sat down or lay down to sleep, so I haven't been sleeping well this entire week.  When I exercised or moved around, it would make it feel a lot better, and for a little bit afterwards I would think, "Oh good, it's feeling better, I'm opening up the muscles.  This is good."  But then, at night, it would start to bother me again.
So anyway, fast forward one week and you're left with last night.  Last night, I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and I was standing there brushing brushing brushing, and I happened to feel a little bump on my back and I turned around, and it looked like something had bit me.  I didn't really think too much about it, I just thought that because I had taken my posters down from the walls and I had gotten those posters from Paris, maybe they had little things crawling over them which totally and completely grossed me out to the point where I contemplated throwing them out....but, I think I'm overreacting.  I'll just store the posters away somewhere....
So, I forgot about it because it wasn't itching or anything and went to bed, but last night, my back was just hurting me so much, and I couldn't sleep until like 5 in the morning.  I couldn't find a comfortable way to lay on my bed so I wouldn't be hurt.
This morning was like any other morning, I woke up, got ready and went to school.  But, after my first class, I was walking back to the Johnson Center, and I realized that every time my bag hit my back as I was walking, a very certain and specific area of my back would start to hurt.  So I went to the bathroom, lifted up my shirt, and lo and behold, there was a rash about the size of my fist on the lower part of my back.  I was like, "Shoooottttt....either I have bed bugs, or this is something else."  Now, let me tell you something:
SKIN.  SKIN GROSSES ME OUT.  I hate skin.  I hate dry skin, I think it's the grossest thing in the world.  I hate it when I have abnormalities, like zits, or ewwww last year, I burned my hand and I had this weird elephant skin thing on my hand for a while that GROSSED ME OUT SO MUCH.  I just can't stand it.  And rashes, they just make me think about what could have possibly been around me to make me get a rash.  So there I was, at school. getting all stressed out, wondering why weird things like this have been happening to me lately, and I called my mom and told her.
She was like, "Why are you getting the strangest maladies these days?'
And I was all, "RIGGHHHTTTT?!?!!?!?  What UP?"
Then I went and WebMd'ed myself, and I was getting so grossed out because EW YOU GUYS, SOME SKIN AILMENTS ARE SO GROSS IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.  And I just thought, "if I get something like this, I will legit just...I don't even know...be really really really sad and grossed out at myself and not leave my room and rub cream on myself until it goes away!"
So after my class, my mom called and she was like, "I got you a doctors appointment, come on."
So I went to the doctors and OH MY GOD YOU GUYS I HAVE SHINGLES.  I HAVE SHINGLES.

WHO GETS SHINGLES??!?!?!?!  WHYYYYY MEEEEEEEEE??

And my back just hurts so much and like, my right thigh sort of hurts.  Like, as I was driving home, it was hurting me to break or put pressure on the gas.  And I have to take anti viral medication and also thing...Vicodin...only wait, I can't take Vicodin because....because it has codeine in it?  I don't know.

Be gholeh my dad, "Now THAT is random."  And I'm all, "YEAH IT IS!!!"

My aunt and my mom say its because I'm stressed out and I need to destress my life.  What's stressing me out?
--The 8 million papers I have to write this semester
--Registering for summer classes to make sure I graduate
--I have overdue library books
--What am I doing next year?
--Where can I find a job?
--Finding a dress for the wedding
--Losing weight
--Exercising
--OH, the fact that I thought I had ovarian cancer last week
--Why can't I just go to Paris?
--WHAT DO I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE?

But I didn't really think these were really stressful things to be stressed about.  I mean, I've always had these things on my mind.  I think what it was was the ovarian cancer, Pelvic FIASCO of 2010.

OK.  Life is a mixed bag.  I just happen to be filling it with all sorts of not so nice stuff lately.  It's OK, spring cleaning will take care of that.  Mhhhmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Let me tell you about shingles. When I was a teenager, my mom and dad thought it would be a great idea if we all went to Niagara Falls with your grandmother and grandfather. So, we drive about 20 hours up there, and I'm stuck in the back seat in between your grandparents. And your grandmother keeps complaining about this pain. Finally my dad takes a look, and she has shingles. So then I spend the 3 longest days of my life with your grandmother telling us over and over and over "I have shallangs." To this day, my sister Leila and I randomly say "I have shallangs" when we're talking to each other. no joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA such random family drama with shingles. these are two funny stories. sorry you're sick, ran. at least now you know what it is!

    ReplyDelete