07 March, 2010

bahar

Today I woke up to the sound of birds chirping.  I woke up feeling excited and happy.  Spring is just around the corner and right now it's flirting with me a little bit-- the temperatures rising slowly, the sun beating down a little stronger, the ice and snow melting, gray is being replaced with green.
I can't wait to look outside my window and see leaves on the trees and flower buds springing up from the ground.
Really.  I can't wait.

Today I'm going to start sabzing sabzeh; already I think we are a little bit late with this.  We were supposed to do it on 1 March, right?  But, hopefully they will spring up quickly.  I cant wait to go and buy sombol.  There is nothing like the smell of sombol to remind me of spring and warmth and norooz and greatness.

Also, my mother is in the IKEA mood.  I think I will go with her and maybe pick out a new duvet cover.  And some aat-ashgaal to help pass the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment