14 January, 2010

Bob, Bob, like Bob Dylan

So, I'm obsessed with this video, and I've watched it about 18374 times, but it still doesn't get old.  When Salma and I were stuck in the airport (that blog is coming soon, I PROMISE, I just have to get my computer back) I recited it from beginning to the end.  And then I was like, "holy crap, why have I memorized this?"  And I sort of started to get scared that I was turning into Salma. 

You guys know what I mean, right?  Salma knows lines from every single movie she's ever watched and recites them on the daily. 
Some of her favorites:

"Nanny where you goinnnngggg?  Nanny don't leavee meeeeeeeeeee!"  (Nanny Diaries)
"Dad, I met a man in Rome and he's brilliant and wonderful and we're getting marrrriiieedddd" (Father of the Bride 1)
"It's a bold wine with a hint of sophistication and lacking in pretention...actually, I was just describing myself."  (French Kiss) (Aaaccctually, Salma knows all the lines to "French Kiss," and I wont write them all out..last night apparently they were watching the movie (it's our favorite, you know?) and Salma changed it after she realized that she was reciting every single line, verbatim.)
"Eyyy Blanca!"  (Weeds)
"You're WILD...WILD!!!"  (Dirty Dancing)
"Nicolas Flamel?  Who is Nicolas Flamel?   I dunnoo"  (Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone)
"Marvas?  MARVASSS"  (Parent Trap)
"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories...we've already missed the spring."  ("An Affair to Remember" but recited in Sleepless in Seattle)
"Chaarrliiieee you making me nerrvoussss" (It Could Happen To You)

Ok, that's enough for now.  Mostly because I can't concentrate because I'm at work and my mom and grandma are talking.  And I'd like to listen to what they're saying. 

OH, so here's the video, by the way.  Watch it, it's the cutest. 

http://vimeo.com/8264773

3 comments:

  1. oh salma <3
    NANNY WE GOIIIIIIIING

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA no worries Ranna, I'm doing the exact same thing to my sister. Usually when I reference a line I then go, "oh that's from [this movie]" and lately before I even finish saying where it's from she says, exasperated, "sima i KNOW."

    ReplyDelete