07 July, 2010

something about the bugs made it the worst idea

I've been watching "Six Feet Under" recently, and the mom, "Ruth Connor," is a really interesting character, but one of the things that makes her the most interesting is her sense of style.  While at the beginning I thought of her style as outdated and frumpy, as the season continued I came to realize I had a sort of fascination with her high waisted washed-denim and her collared shirts.  It reminds me of a 1970's version of "Little House of the Prairie."  The last few days, I've become more and more obsessed with the way she dresses and today at AvaNava's house, I convinced Ava to put on her mom's dress from the 1980's and prance around the garden for me.  Except, I didn't take into account the 100 degree weather or the relentless mosquitoes.  I got in a few shots, but I think that about 5 minutes after we were outside both of us were sweaty and COVERED in bites.  Even now, typing this, I feel the itching on my legs.  I'm afraid to check to see how many I actually got.  I want to continue playing this "Little House of the Prairie" meets Sonny and Cher look again and in a more extensive form.  Until then, enjoy these: 








2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete