21 June, 2010

Flower talk

As many of you know, I work at a flower shop these days.  My aunt, Maryam's, shop.  I do a little bit of this and that, but part of my job requires that I address the cards that are sent with the arrangements.  Whenever I take an order, I have to ask if they would like a message on a card, if they do, then I listen to them tell me what they want written.  Most of the time, they are simple, "I love you's" or, "Our thoughts are with you..."  But sometimes the messages people send are really funny.  Here is a collection of some of those messages.  I thought I would share.

" Thank you              Your Baby's Daddy

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......       Vincenzo

From an admirer       --Admirer

Happy Birthday dad!      Your favorite daughter

When I see the sunlight in the morning, taste the breeze in the afternoon, watch the stars dance across the sky every night, I thank them all.  My heart beats for thee, Jessie Leigh!       Zozo

Good luck and good health, if you're not, its your own damn fault

Colleen, here is to DANCING IN THE RAIN!!!  Love, Your Bear

You know, the Communists just used women as a substitute proletariat where necessary so they could equate support for women's liberation with fidelity to the regime.  "



It's funny and slightly awkward at the same time because I feel like some of the messages are meant to be so intimate, but as the middleman between the sender and the reciever, it's our job to read them and document them onto the cards, without us, the messages would only remain verbal.  Is it bad that I'm posting this as a blog entry?  Am I totally taking away from their privacy?  I mean, they're funny!!!

I've decided on the no shame approach to this.  I'll keep posting these as the months progress.  Hopefully you're just as entertained as I am. 

Love, Ranna

2 comments: