14 August, 2009

Dave, the Big Eyed Fish

Last Saturday I went to the Dave Matthews Band concerto at Nissan Pavilion.  I've gone for the past three years, and I'd say that by this point, it's sort of a mid-summer tradition I've built up for myself.  I wasn't entirely too fond of the set list the band had chosen, but it was fun to see Tim Reynolds around with the gang, and also, Dave played some his not-so-popular older songs, think, "Grey Street," and my personal Dave favorite, "I'll Back You Up."  It's been rumored (uhh Mani) that this may be the last year Dave plays at Nissan.  In any case, its the last summer I plan on being around NoVa, so it was good to hear him play and to spend the night with some good friends. 

Here's a little recap of the night.  I went with three people: 


Mani, who has attended Dave's concerts for the past...what is it now?  12 years?  Nice, guy.  
Pulkit, who became BFFs with the guy standing next to him in the picture.  They talked the night away...
And Salma, who was pissed that we missed the song, "Funny the Way It is," and bored because Dave's definitely not her favorite.  
The people right in front of us were like this the entire time.  Well, you get the idea...


It made Salma feel like this.  




But, all in all, we had a pretty good time.  Salma and Mani are just best friends.  


3 comments:

  1. So glad you are starting another blog. I looked forward to them when you were in FR. Great job with the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a way with story telling. Have you considered writing a book? Seriously.

    ReplyDelete